Sidney Sussex is the perfect place to stay and enjoy a taste of University life in the heart of Cambridge.
Unwind in one of our comfortable guest bedrooms, with some offering beautiful views over the Sidney gardens. Enjoy breakfast in our grand College Hall before venturing out to explore the many sights of historic Cambridge.
- College accommodation
Blundell Court, built in 1967, is a modern building in the centre of College. The majority of the en-suite bedrooms are located here.
Cloister Court can be found at the historic heart of College. It was built in the late nineteenth century, with its red brickwork revealing its Victorian history. This court overlooks the College's beautiful gardens on either side.
Garden Court is located next to the Master's Garden. The building houses numerous bedrooms as well as the College Library.
Cromwell Court is named after one of Sidney's most famous students, Oliver Cromwell, and is located just 300 yards from the main College site.
The following types of accommodation are available for bed and breakfast guests during the University of Cambridge's vacation periods.
There are standard single rooms offered across the College. These rooms share a toilet and shower between four or five rooms.
The majority of the en-suite bedrooms are located in Blundell Court, which is a modern building in the centre of College.
Blundell Court has full disabled access, and all floors are served by a lift.
The College has a limited number of twin en-suite bedrooms which are all located in Blundell Court in the centre of College.
- Grounds and gardens
Sidney Sussex has two outstanding courtyards surrounded by Grade I listed buildings dating from 1596. The small and friendly atmosphere of the College can be sampled in the Fellows' Garden and Cloister Court where guests can sit and enjoy the peace and quiet in magnificent surroundings.
- Other facilities
Our guests benefit from free wireless internet, and all rooms come equipped with tea and coffee-making facilities, and soap and towels. Rooms are serviced daily.
The College is unable to offer parking on site, however, there are several car parks located close-by. A Park and Ride scheme is also available which allows car parking for up to 72 hours.
How to book
- Book your Bed and Breakfast stay (for guests not staying as part of a conference of wedding)
- Book your Bed and Breakfast stay (for conference delegates or wedding guests)
- The Conference Organiser should issue instructions to their party, and guests will be required to enter a promotional code to view the specially allocated rooms. If you have not received a promotional code, please proceed as a Bed and Breakfast guest by visiting our booking page.
- Conference Organisers - If you are hoping to book a large number of rooms then please contact us directly. To ensure a smooth and speedy check-in for your group, we may ask you to print our Guest Registration Form so that your delegates can complete it before arrival.
- Alumni or members of College - Please contact the Housekeeping Department directly on email@example.com or +44 (0)1223 3 38880.