Have a question about postgraduate study at Sidney? Explore this page to find the answer, or contact our Postgraduate Office.
Our Postgraduate Handbook is available to download and provides lots of useful information about postgraduate life at Sidney.
How do you process postgraduate applications at Sidney?
We receive applications electronically from the University Postgraduate Admissions Office. The application is assessed by a Director of Studies in the applicant’s subject, and then by the Postgraduate Tutor. The applicant is informed of the outcome via the Applicant Portal.
What criteria do you use during the selection process?
We base all decisions for entry and studentships on academic merit.
- Will Sidney consider applications from members of other Cambridge Colleges?
Yes of course! We welcome applications from members of other Colleges who are intending to start a new MPhil or PhD.
- Are there any deadlines to consider when applying for membership?
The relevant Department will assess your application first before it is sent to Colleges, so you should check the deadline for your chosen course. Funding deadlines may also apply. The College usually starts to fill up for certain courses around March.
- Do you have any information about studentships, awards, and grants?
Discover more on our Studentships and funding page.
- Can you tell me about accommodation at Sidney?
Visit our Postgraduate accommodation page for more information.
Who do I contact to find out more?
If you have any questions specifically about Sidney, please contact our Postgraduate Office.
Otherwise, there are many useful University websites that should help with a range of queries:
- Postgraduate Admissions
- Information for Postgraduate Students
- Cambridge University Skills Portal
- University Careers Service
- Cambridge University Postgraduate Union
- International Student Office
- Disability Resource Centre
- The Language Centre
- University of Cambridge Statement on Plagiarism
- University Library
- Would it be possible to arrange a visit?
You are very welcome to visit Sidney during normal opening hours – please contact the Porters' Lodge for more information.