We often get asked these questions, but if there’s something you’d like to know that we haven’t covered here, please do get in touch.

How do I join the Sidney alumni community?

Once you have graduated from Sidney Sussex, you automatically become a member of our alumni community. If you’re not receiving our emails or hearing about events, please make sure we have your latest contact details.

I’m a Sidney alumnus/na; can I visit the College?

We’re always delighted to see our alumni and you are very welcome to visit the grounds and other public areas of the College. However, as you know, the College sometimes hosts events and student activities; we would be grateful if you could email the Porters' Lodge in advance of your planned visit to check that it will be convenient.

How do I collect my MA?

If you have a BA degree from the University of Cambridge, you are eligible to receive an MA six years from the end of your first term of residence. You will receive an email from the Development Office confirming your eligibility, but you must then apply to graduate at a degree ceremony (either in person or in absentia). Further questions regarding MAs should be sent to the Postgraduate Office.

Can I use my dining rights to dine at High Table?

Dining privileges are awarded to members of Sidney Sussex who hold an MA, other Master’s degree, or higher degree from the University. Eligible members can dine at High Table three times per academic year on most Wednesday or Sunday evenings during full term. For more information, please visit the Alumni privileges page and to enquire about availability to dine at High Table, please contact the Bursar's PA.

How do I verify my qualifications or get a replacement certificate?

For this service, please contact the Tutorial Office.

How do I get a University CAMCard?

CAMCards are issued free of charge to all alumni and provides a range of discount around Cambridge, as well as allowing alumni to visit other colleges, including Kings’ College Chapel. CAMcards are created centrally by the University rather than Colleges. To get a CAMCard, visit the alumni section of the University website.

How do I keep my Cambridge email account?

If you had an Outlook Exchange email address during your time at Sidney (ending @cam.ac.uk) you can transfer your account to an alumni email address ending @cantab.ac.uk. For further information and help contact IT Services.

Can I still access the University Library?

You may visit the library - and bring guests - on production of your CAMcard and photo ID. If you wish to borrow books or resources you will need to apply for a reader’s card. Details are available on the Library website.

Can I hold my event or wedding at Sidney?

The broad answer is yes, alumni can arrange to get married at Sidney and to hold other events in the College. To find out more, visit the Getting married in Chapel page and contact the Conference Office to discuss details and dates.

How can I book alumni discounted accommodation?

Contact the Accommodation Office to check availability and to book your stay.

If I’m visiting the College, can I park there?

Unfortunately, due to space constraints, it is only possible to provide parking for those with a Blue Badge. If you are a Blue Badge holder, please contact the Porters' Lodge. Take a look at the Visiting Sidney page for more information about visiting and for some tips about travelling to Cambridge.