Professor David Titterington to perform on Sunday 20 November.
The College's new Flentrop Orgelbouw organ will take centre stage in a special recital from Professor David Titterington. As well as being Artistic Director of St Albans International Organ Festival and Head of Organ at the Royal Academy of Music, David Titterington acted as expert advisor on this exciting project to replace the College's organ. His diverse programme, designed to showcase the versality and beauty of our new instrument includes:
- Dietrich Buxtehude (1637-1707): Toccata in D minor BuxWV 155
- Bernhard Bach (1676-1749): Chaconne in B flat major
- Samuel Wesley (1766-1837): Voluntary in D major KO 623, Largo – Fuga – March
- Herbert Howells (1892-1983): Master Tallis’s Testament
- August Ritter (1811-1885): Sonata in no. 3 in A minor
The recital will be held at 5pm on Sunday 20th November and will last about 50 minutes, finishing before Choral Evensong at 6pm.
If you have something that would make a good news or feature item, please email email@example.com