Sidney has a part-time College Nurse who can offer you advice and support.
The College Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse and is available to assist with any health or wellbeing need you may have. This includes assessment, support and advice for minor illness or injury, mental health concerns or more general support regarding any worries, personal or emotional issues as well as support with longer term physical and mental health conditions.
If more specialised help or treatment is required then the College Nurse will help refer you or point you in the right direction whether via your GP, the University Counselling Service or other sources of support.
The Health Centre, Ground floor in Garden Court (opposite the entrance to the College Library), however all appointments this term will be conducted remotely unless pre-arranged with the nurse.
(Clinic times from 29 September - 4 December 2020)
Appointments with the College Nurse are available Monday - Friday 09.30 – 14.00. Please book via Moodle.
Please note that this term most appointments will be via Teams or by phone.
How to book an appointment
If you feel unwell or would like to discuss anything with the College Nurse please:
- Book an appointment on Moodle. The College Nurse will then call you on Teams at your appointment time (if Teams does not connect for any reason then the Nurse will use your mobile number to give you a call).
- If when speaking, the Nurse feels that you need to be assessed in person they will arrange a time for you to come to the Health Centre or advise you to contact your GP surgery.
- If you are asked to attend the Health Centre please wear a face covering. The College Nurse will wear PPE.
- Please do not attend the Health Centre if it has not bee pre-arranged unless it is an urgent first aid matter.
For current information about COVID-19, please read the Sidney COVID-19 Guide.
Out of hours
- During the day please contact your GP.
- Overnight and weekends telephone NHS 111 Service.
- Pharmacists can advise on many ailments.
In an extreme emergency, the nearest casualty department is at Addenbrookes hospital. An extreme emergency is a condition such as (but not limited to):
- suspected broken bone
- road accident
- a severe wound that requires stitching
- suspected heart attack
All Porters are First Aid trained and should be informed immediately in an emergency (+44 (0)1223 3 38800). Telephone 999 for an ambulance.
The College Porters are here 24 hours a day and will know who to contact in unexpected circumstances.