Preview Christopher Page’s forthcoming public lectures at Gresham College.
Gresham College has released a series of short videos ahead of Professor Christopher Page’s lecture series as Gresham Professor of Music.
As well as a general introduction to the lecture series, titled Men, Women and Guitars in Romantic England, you can also watch a series of shorter videos featuring highlights from the lectures and reflections on his academic research as Professor of Medieval Music and Literature at Sidney Sussex. These can be viewed by following the link to Gresham College’s website.
You can also watch a video of Professor Page performing Fernando Sor’s Opus 60, number 22 on a period instrument by following the link to Gresham College’s YouTube channel. The video will open in a new window.
Professor Page will give six public lectures as Gresham Professor of Music in 2014-15. For more details, including how to attend, click on the lecture titles:
- Thursday 9 October 2014 - The 'Romantic' Guitar
- Thursday 20 November 2014 - Being a Guitarist in the Time of Byron and Shelley
- Thursday 11 December 2014 - The Guitar, the Steamship and the Picnic: England on the Move
- Thursday 8 January 2015 - The Guitar and the Romantic Vision of the Medieval World
- Thursday 19 February 2015 - Harmony in the Lowest Home: The Guitar and the Labouring Poor
- Thursday 23 April 2015 - The Guitar and ‘the Fair Sex’
This is an archived news story, first posted in 2014.
If you have something that would make a good news or feature item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org