Sidney's Chapel Choir now ranks among the very best mixed-voice choirs in Cambridge, and has gained a fine reputation as one of the leading interpreters of earlier music and 21st-century compositions. It is the only Oxbridge choir to have been awarded "CD of the Month & Editor's Choice" by Gramophone Magazine within the last decade.
In order to maintain the Choir at the highest level, we have launched the new 'Friends of the Sidney Choir' campaign. We are seeking support for new music (editions and commissions), for domestic and international tours, recordings, singing lessons, a new organ and other instruments, and a chapel administrative post. These are all fundamental initiatives and they are vital if the Choir is to sustain its current level of achievement and reach new heights.
Choral membership is open to those who contribute £100 or more per year. Benefits include:
- Regular news of choir activities
- Advance copy of the termly music list
- Priority booking for key events, including college concerts
- Reduced ticket prices on selected concerts and discounts on Choir recordings
- Invitations to exclusive events for the Friends of the Sidney Choir
This is an archived news story, first posted in 2010.
If you have something that would make a good news or feature item, please email email@example.com