Confraternitas Historica Seminars 2012-13
Details of this year's Sidney History society seminars.
Confraternitas Historica is Sidney's History society, founded by the College's first History Fellow J.W. Reynolds in 1910. The full timetable for this year's seminar series is as follows:
- Tuesday 9th October, 6.15pm, Old Library - Peter Riddell (Honorary Fellow, Sidney Sussex), 'The Blair Revolution - a new approach to the Premiership?'
- Tuesday 6th November, 6.15pm, Knox Shaw Room - Dr Paul Millett (Downing), 'Punch Magazine, Classical Cartoons and the Classics'
- Tuesday 20th November, 6.15pm, Knox Shaw Room - Dr Emma Hunter (Gonville & Caius) 'The Bible and the Flag: Missionaries, nationalism and imperialism in interwar Africa'
- Tuesday 22nd January, 6.15pm, Old Library - Dr Carl Watkins (Magdalene) - 'Landscape and Belief in Anglo-Norman England'
- Tuesday 26th February, 6.15pm, Old Library - Prof Alexandra Walsham (Trinity) - 'The Holy Maid of Wales: Visions, politics and Catholicism in early modern Britain'
- Tuesday 12th March, 6.15pm, Mong Hall - Panel debate on 'Music in History', with Professor Rosamond McKitterick, Professor Tim Blanning, Professor Christopher Page and Dr Bernhard Fulda (all Sidney Sussex)
The Confraternitas Historica is run by the College's History students, and the Society's principal officers retain the Latin titles that were first ascribed in 1910. The Princeps Senatus is responsible for putting the progamme together. For more information about attending a Confrat event please contact the Princeps, Katie Estdale.