Welcome to Sidney Sussex College
These pages are for incoming Sidney Sussex Undergraduate students and contain important information on what to do before and after you arrive in Cambridge. You will already or shortly be receiving your Pre-Arrival Pack which is being posted on the 1st September, please read this thoroughly before completing any forms on the online Freshers' pages. You can also take a look at the Freshers' Pre-Arrival Pack here, which contains information from the August confirmation letters and the packs sent out on the 1st September.
Please complete the forms in the section Preparing for your arrival in Cambridge as soon as possible. If you have any questions that are not answered by these pages, please contact Mrs Claire Girdlestone or Mrs Celia Summerlin in the Tutorial Office (firstname.lastname@example.org; 01223 338844).
Preparing for your arrival in Cambridge
Please complete the following sections as soon as possible and no later than 23rd September:
- Undergraduates Essential Information (requires completion)
- Garden Party - please respond to the Senior Tutor's invitation using the link below, with details of family members attending, by 23rd September 2016.
Health Form(complete asap, a paper copy is in your welcome pack with an envelope)
Further information to assist you before your arrival at Sidney Sussex.
- IT Checklist
- Vehicular access to the College, Multi-storey car parks and Cambridge Park & Rides
- Fees and Charges
- "Welcome to Cambridge" Events 2016 Invitation
- "Welcome to Cambridge" Events 206 Timetable
- "Welcome to Cambridge" Events 22016 Flyer
Information for international students:
Outlined below is relevant information for new international students. This is all contained on the International Students webpages. Please note that the first two items are relevant for all students that come to study at Cambridge from outside the UK and not only those who require a visa.
- International Students University Website
- Orientation Sessions These will take place on the morning of Friday 30 September. This year there are separate ‘Feeling at Home in Cambridge’ sessions for undergrads and grads as well as a session on ‘Developing Academic English Language Skills’. Students should register online if they wish to attend: www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/orientation-sessions.
- Pre-Arrival Information Practical guidance on coming to study in the UK and at Cambridge, including the International Student Guide: www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/arriving/pre-arrival-information.
For Tier 4 students
BRP collection This will be available at the University Centre from 26 September – 3 October, excluding the weekend, for those students who have selected collection from the University (and not the Post Office) on their visa application. Students will need to take their BRPs to College for scanning after collection. For courses starting earlier, IST will be attending inductions and uploading visas onto CamSIS (ADTIS, MBA, MFin and Economics preparatory course): www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/collecting-your-visa-brp.
Police Registration This will be available in the University Centre on Monday 26 September, Wednesday 28 September, Thursday 29 September and 3 October. Appointments must be booked in advance: www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/arriving/police-registration.
Responsibilities under Tier 4 Guide The ‘Responsibilities under Tier 4’ guide has been updated: www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/files/responsibilities_under_tier_4_student_guide.pdf.
- Immigration Health Surcharge