We are delighted that you have accepted our offer of College Membership and look forward to meeting you at the beginning of the Michaelmas Term.
These pages are for incoming Sidney Sussex graduate students and contain important information which is designed to fill you in on essential information about Sidney, about the University, and about life here as a graduate student. Please look carefully at this material, and if you have any questions or if there are items or issues that concern you, please contact the Graduate Tutors' Personal Assistant, Gillian Johnstone (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +44 1223 3 38810) and Mrs Angela Parr-Burman (email@example.com, Tel. +44 1223 3 38810).
Useful documents and links:
- Which gown do I need? (pdf)
- Graduate Handbook (pdf)
- Accommodation Handbook (pdf)
- Information on Fees Payable by Graduate Students (pdf) If you are unsure of your fee status, you will find this information on your self-service page on CamSIS.
- Board of Graduate Studies Information on full fees payable
- Vaccination Information (pdf), Advice on NHS for International Students (pdf)
- The Graduate Union is another useful source of information for Graduate Students.
- Disabilities Resource Centre
- Vehicular access to the College (pdf)
- Network Connections in Students' Rooms
- College Regulations
What you need to do now:
- Read the Graduate Handbook & all of the other documents carefully.
- Return the Medical Questionnaire to the College Nurse. Please return the form via post marked 'Private and Confidential' FAO the Nurse, Mrs Jenny Taylor, Sidney Sussex College, Sidney Street, Cambridge, CB2 3HU.
- Return the disability disclosure form to the Disabilities Resource Centre, Keynes House Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 1QA or firstname.lastname@example.org and send a copy to the College (if you do not have a disability or you have already disclosed your disability as part of your application there is no need to complete and return the form).
- Dietary Restrictions and Food Allergies - Please indicate any special Dietary Restrictions and Food Allergies by 16th September 2016.
When you arrive:
- College Induction events
- Matriculation Declaration
- University Card
- Health Information and Registration with a doctor
- Sidney Library and Computer Suite
- Arrival Information for International Students (visa, police registration, etc.)
- Read welcome letters from the Nurse and the Chaplain
Health and Safety